I keep getting asked about the benefits of Reiki and how it can help people, so I decided to put together this article to summarise some of the benefits.
Reiki, the healing touch. It is a life force energy to improve your health and quality of life. “Rei” is the Japanese word for “higher Power” and “ki” is the life force energy. Reiki is a “spiritually guided life force energy”.
Reiki has many amazing benefits and is a very simple process working on many levels, the spiritual, emotional, physical and mental, enhancing everything in life. The main purpose of reiki is to support the physical self and to promote a positive mindset so that you can experience more happiness. You do not have to be ill to receive Reiki.
Reiki is one of the oldest and most versatile healing systems in use.
There are many reasons people seek a reiki treatment from dealing with low energy levels and dealing with day to day stresses, overcoming changes that are happening and trying to achieve a balance, spiritual development and looking for more meaning in life, or just general physical and spiritual maintenance.
Post Reiki treatments, most patients will generally feel calm and relaxed, although some people can feel energised and hyperactive, others clear in the mind, focused and ready to go! It really depends from person to person and treatment to treatment.
Most people find Reiki great for helping maintain balance and coping with several things such as stress, anxiety, depression, chronic pain, and infertility.
Some of the main benefits of Reiki are explained in a little detail below:
1. Harmony and Balance – Reiki helps align your chakras and promotes harmony and balance. It is non-invasive energy healing that can enhance the body’s natural healing ability and promotes overall wellness. Reiki works directly on the problem to restore balance on all levels. Balance relates to mental, emotional and physical balance.
2. Supports the immune system and can help the body rid itself of toxins – Reiki reminds our bodies how to turn on the self-healing mode. It allows you to sleep better and digest better which is important to maintaining health and vitality. This way of being can allow you to be active without feeling burnt out, stressed or over tired.
3. Energy blocks are dissolved & mind, body, spirit balance is promoted – Regular reiki can create a calmer and more peaceful state of being. This can enhance learning, memory, mental clarity and increase your ability to deal with every day stress. Reiki can be fabulous for healing mental and emotional wounds and can help balance you out and therefore help prevent mood swings. Reiki also enhances your capability to love, it can open you up more to those around you and help your relationships grow.
4. Pain relief and physical healing – Although as an observer, Reiki may appear to be merely hand placements over/on the body, it does work to restore balance on the deepest possible level. It coaxes your body to improve the vital functions. Reiki has been proven over time to provide relief from chronic pain, fatigue, menopause and insomnia.
5. Creates deep relaxation and helps the body release stress and tension – A reiki treatment allows the client to just be. People general tend to feel more at peace, relaxed and generally lighter in themselves. Reiki provides a space where you can tune in and become more aware of what is going on within your body. You learn to tune in and listen to your own body and inner wisdom.
6. Improves focus and helps you feel grounded and centred – Reiki can facilitate mindfulness, the ability to stay focused on the present moment rather than getting caught up in the past or the future. This way you learn to have a more accepting mind set and can deal with things as they unfold even if they don’t follow the plan that you had in motion. You gain the ability to react in a more supportive way.
7. Better Sleep – The most common result of receiving a Reiki treatment is relaxation. When we are in a relaxed state of being, we sleep better, and our bodies heal better. We also think more clearly and can communicate and relate to others from a more genuine and authentic place. Often, clients do tend to fall asleep during a reiki session.
8. Your bodies self-healing is accelerated – Reiki can, very quickly return you to your natural state, or at least get your body moving in the right direction. This means basic things such as your breathing, blood pressure etc improve. Breathing deeper and easier is one of the first things to happen during treatment. When we stop to connect to the breath, our minds naturally settle. This is a scientifically proven fact.
9. Spirit growth and cleansing – being spiritual isn’t a prerequisite to enjoying the benefits of reiki, however many people receive treatments to help them on their journey of self-healing, spiritual growth and personal development. Reiki tends to address the person rather than specific symptoms. Reiki can create profound shifts in a person’s being. You may feel guidance on a situation becomes suddenly clear and you have a clear way forward or see things from a different perspective.
10. Complimentary to many other treatments – Reiki is a great accompaniment to most types of treatments, be they conventional or alternative. Reiki is administered in a non-invasive and gentle manner. Reiki can also be given without physical touch which helps with patients that have physical injuries. Reiki is also safe to use with medical conditions such as diabetes and heart conditions. Reiki is also supported in pregnancy.
Reiki is good for everyone! It can be used for adults, children, and even pets!
You can even receive reiki through distance healing if you cannot be present.
I offer treatments tailored to your specific needs, I will conduct an evaluation of you and your health and then I will work with you to create a plan to begin your journey to wellness.